Fluent City is one of the fastest growing language companies in the country. We offer online, in-person and blended learning options across 11 languages and four cities for both consumers and organizations.
Our immersive, skill-based language learning style emphasizes speaking over reading and writing. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: in the home, workplace, or over drinks in the bar. This sets us apart from apps, textbooks, and other traditional learning methods.
With online tools, custom content and multimedia, and a radically innovative teaching approach, our mission is to reinvent language learning for the 21st century.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking an outgoing, service-focused guest coordinator to oversee our Chicago location, providing support to our teachers and for our students attending classes each night. We'll rely on you to provide personalized assistance, ensure warmth and hospitality and accommodate all student needs. A passion and interest for language learning and cultures is a must!
- Project a friendly, pleasant demeanor; providing unparalleled service to all potential and existing students, fellow employees, and management
- Maintain a proactive guest service approach and notify supervisors/managers of any potential issues related to class materials or special requests
- Maintain current knowledge/familiarity with all Fluent City courses and offerings to respond to guest inquiries
- Manage inventory and serve as point of contact for class materials needed for evening classes.
- Assign evening classes to each classroom and put a sign at the classroom door, show our instructors and incoming guests where to go in the space.
- Prepare and set physical space for evening classes, ensuring all classrooms have enough chairs and that the space is presentable for our students and guests.
- Train new teachers on how to use classroom technology equipment (we'll train you once you start)
- Light administrative tasks to support the operation and execution of Fluent City courses (must have own laptop)
- You are a true hospitalitarian -- your greatest pleasure is to make sure people always feel welcome and taken care of
- You are an outgoing relationship builder. You are the person who can walk into a room, strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, and find a way to connect and make them your friend
- You're passionate about learning, language and beyond. You're the type of person who loves to share great experiences and opportunities to connect with others.
- You share our values. We are passionate about enriching lives through education, connecting with other people and cultures, and creating amazing real-world experiences. We are fun, international team that puts mutual respect, empathy, and trust at the center of our culture.
- Attention to detail and a knack for organization - you will be responsible for making ensuring we maintain a great vendor relationship with our space partner by keeping the space tidy through diligent set-up and breakdown
- You thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and want to be involved in the growth of the next great consumer enrichment brand.
SCHEDULE: Mondays - Thursdays, 5:30pm - 9:00 pm
PAY RATE: $15/hour