Period: May — August, dates can be flexible
Time Commitment – 40 hours a week, 9am – 5pm
Today Fluent City is the fastest-growing language school in the country. We’re profitable and have recently raised a round of capital from top tier investors. We teach 10 different languages and employ over 350 teachers in NYC, D.C., Boston and Philadelphia. We've got some fun new projects in the works, including expanding to new cities this year. We are expanding our already successful internship program, which offers a unique opportunity to learn inside sales, reporting directly to the Head of Sales.
We are looking for a passionate sales intern that has tons of energy, humor, compassion, and competitiveness.
You should be a person that loves to engage in conversation and looks forward to a challenge.
Your enthusiasm should extend into your daily tasks, but also play a key role in offering ideas and strategies that align with the sales team's goals.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary who is motivated to make the most out of the resources available and is committed to growing an exciting career in sales.
You are a college senior graduating in May 2017
- Call a significant number of current Fluent City students with the goal of enriching their learning experience
- Close “add-on” products such as memberships and private lessons at or above targets
- Field inbound phone inquiries from current students interested in enrolling in the next level
- Have access to weekly 1:1 mentorship and be formally trained on the most important elements to achieving success over the phone
- Feel comfortable publicly presenting your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future as Fluent City grows their inside sales team
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- You have tons of hustle and are excited about the the idea of calling lots of students everyday
- Extremely data driven and interested in recommending strategy based on KPIs
- You are curious by nature and feel comfortable asking the questions that really matter
- Strong problem-solving skills and an interest in finding the best solution at all times
- Laser focus on process, with a high attention to detail placed on recordkeeping
- Desire to learn and grow as a salesperson
- Proficient in Excel and interested in recording and reporting on data
- You’ll need to bring and use your own laptop during this internship
- Paid internship! $375/week plus commissions
- Based in our NYC headquarters in Williamsburg
- As many language, food and art classes as you can take
- Access to cultural festivals, parties, dinners, etc.