At Fluent City, we believe that our teachers are the heart of our organization and we are deeply invested in their professional development and success. By joining our Teacher Operations team, you will have the opportunity to work for a dynamic and passionate team of entrepreneurial thinkers, become an advocate for our teacher community, and play an integral role in creating opportunities for our rapidly expanding and global community of over 300 language instructors.
- Very high attention-to-detail, diligent and organized. You will be assisting with scheduling for over 1000 students and coordination of over 300 teacher schedules
- Comfortable with technology and experience working with ATS, HRIS, CRM and scheduling platforms
- A troubleshooter and problem solver. You have an ability to quickly prioritize tasks, troubleshoot and stay cool under pressure
- A “can-do” attitude. No task should feel too small or too challenging
- Self-starter approach. We believe each and every person on our team should be an owner and driver of their role
- Excellent written and communication skills: you will be supporting our team with daily outreach and updates for our teacher team
- You are empathetic, with an innate ability to simultaneously put yourself in our teachers and students shoes
- Must be comfortable using spreadsheets and office software extensively, particularly Excel and Google Suite
- Driven by data. We’re all about generating and using quantitative analysis to drive decision making and improvement initiatives
- Entry level experience with a proven passion for working at on an operations team at a start-up is welcome, previous experience working on an HR and / or Operations team is preferred. Proven high performers with an entrepreneurial spirit will have the opportunity to grow with us as we build our organization
- Ensure private lessons students are matched in a timely fashion with a teacher that can meet student objectives
- Support Teacher Operations Coordinator throughout private matching process: organizing match information, crafting correspondence and responding to e-mails across our private and online business lines
- Weekly reporting and dashboard updates for key metrics and data for operations teams
- Generate teacher bios
- Create, update and maintain teacher records in our database
- Update availability and maintain up-to-date schedules for teachers
- Post and edit job descriptions on our careers website
- Schedule screenings, interviews and follow-up meetings for our recruitment team
- Generate daily reports on recruitment, compliance, package hours and key metrics across CRM, Recruitment and HRIS tools
- Administer and collect teacher feedback
- Administrative support for our recruitment, people operations and management team
- Extra Credit: Bilingual or polyglots is a huge +, especially if you’ve learned a language as an adult
- Hourly schedule and wage
- 20 – 30 hours per week, M – F
- Flexible schedule between 9AM – 7PM, daily preferred
Founded in 2011, Fluent City is an innovative language training organization, offering instruction to individuals, groups, and businesses in 11 different languages. We’ve taught over 25,000 students and have over 300 teachers on staff. Through in-person classes, online tools and corporate training, Fluent City provides a contemporary curriculum and highly interactive approach that has made it one of the country’s fastest-growing language companies.
At Fluent City, we are passionate about enriching lives through education, connecting with other people and cultures, and creating amazing real-world experiences. We are fun, international team that puts mutual respect, empathy, professional development, authenticity and trust at the center of our culture. The team is an ambitious, passionate group of language and travel lovers. Combined we speak over 20 languages.
As an employee at Fluent City, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, learning sessions, lots of team happy hours and, of course, as many free language classes as you’d like.