As a member of our Brooklyn Student Success Team, you will be instrumental in developing the Fluent City Brand. We believe that the student experience is just as important as learning outcomes which is why we are very invested in building the best customer experience program in the world. By joining our team, you will aim to deliver extraordinary, hospitality-driven service that “wows” each and every person that interacts with our products and services.
- People driven. You must be kind, thoughtful, sincere and positive.
- A “can-do” attitude. No task should feel too small or too challenging.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and sense of ownership in everything you do.
- Expertise and confidence in writing skills and across various communication channels including: phone, text, e-mail and social media
- You are proactive and always thinking up ways to improve our service, streamline our processes, and better serve our students
- You are empathetic, with the innate ability to put yourselves in the student’s shoes
- An organization maven. You pride yourself in your ability to keep things tidy and in order.
- Driven by data. We’re all about using data to improve our work. You should always be looking for ways to improve what you do through analytical assessment
- A troubleshooter. You have an ability to quickly prioritize tasks, troubleshoot and stay cool under pressure
- Entry level experience with great passion is welcome. High performers will have the opportunity to grow with us as we build our organization
- Bilingual or polyglots is a huge +, especially if you’ve learned a language as an adult.
- 1 - 3 years in a hospitality-driven environment
- You’ve worked on a growing Customer Service team at an early stage start-up
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in person, through phone, text, email, social media & chat
- Facilitate all aspects of the gifting as related to Fluent City’s Customer Experience program
- Ensure that the phone is always answered promptly and clearly in warm, and upbeat manner that is solutions oriented and balances the best interest of the organization and person on the line
- Create and maintain relationships with all staff and students by being a warm, welcoming presence at the front desk
- Master our internal customer service software and technology platforms in order to manage customer relationships effectively.
- Coordinate with Operations team to channel customer feedback to all areas of the business (including Sales, Marketing, and Product)
- Identify customer trends in real time and proactively suggest ways to improve customer-facing internal processes
- Analytical and administrative support to Customer Experience Lead and Director of Operations that support development and growth of the customer experience program
- Hourly schedule and wage, available evenings and weekends
- Potential shifts could be: 4PM - 9:30PM (M - F), 10AM - 6PM (Sat - Sun)
- You will work 20 - 25 hours per week to start with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position based on performance
Founded in 2011, Fluent City is an innovative language training organization, offering instruction to individuals, groups, and businesses in 11 different languages. We’ve taught over 25,000 students and have over 300 teachers on staff. Through in-person classes, online tools and corporate training, Fluent City provides a contemporary curriculum and highly interactive approach that has made it one of the country’s fastest-growing language companies.
At Fluent City, we are passionate about enriching lives through education, connecting with other people and cultures, and creating amazing real-world experiences. We are fun, international team that puts mutual respect, empathy and trust at the center of our culture.The team is an ambitious, passionate group of language and travel lovers. Combined we speak over 20 languages.
As an employee at Fluent City, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, learning sessions, lots of team happy hours and, of course, as many free language classes as you’d like.