A LITTLE ABOUT US
Fluent City is a language and culture school offering group classes, private lessons and corporate solutions in four cities – New York, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Boston – with additional cities planned this year.
With online tools, custom content, and a radically innovative teaching approach, Fluent City’s CEO James Rohrbach aims to reinvent language learning for the 21st century.
Covering 11 different languages, classes are offered in Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Portuguese, German, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Hebrew and English.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
We are looking for a Director of Content Marketing to build out and execute on a content marketing strategy that drives forward our four main business lines: Group Classes, Private Lessons, Online Lessons and Corporate Training (B2B).
You have a passion for both language learning and content marketing. You’ve likely studied a few languages over the years and find joy in the pursuit. You’ve developed content as small as microcopy for a mobile button and as large as a white paper. You’ve ideally worked in a high-growth environment and created an overall content strategy from scratch for a dynamic B2C or B2B brand.
You’re a strategic, natural leader who wants to maintain an operational role by writing and editing on a daily basis. You’re a hawk for keeping a consistent voice across all channels. You’ve developed and managed brand standards and content style guides before and you’re eager to do so again for a young, growing language learning brand.
- Build out and execute against a robust content strategy and calendar that feeds across all channels (online and offline) to support all four business lines mentioned above
- Write and edit weekly blog posts
- Oversee our social media channels from concept to execution
- Manage and mentor a junior social media coordinator
- Update or create any site copy including marketing landing pages, product pages and descriptions, general company pages, etc.
- Optimize blog posts and on-site content for best practices in SEO
- Compose multiple weekly newsletters to an audience of 200,000+
- Concept and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders on marketing materials such as e-books, case studies, product launches and social media posts
- Respond to users on social media or email if needed
- At scale, you’ll build out and manage a network of freelancers
- Provide concise direction and feedback to any freelancers
- Build out and enforce a company-wide style guide that all departments adhere to in writing and producing content
- 5+ years in roles that have focused on content marketing — including overseeing social media — for a brand or editorial for a publisher
- High attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Naturally creative in concepting
- Positive, but driven get-it-done attitude
- Highly organized, excellent attention to detail
- Have a strong aesthetic point of view
- Can do light Photoshop or Indesign work for social and email where needed
- Can do basic HTML for email editing
- Familiar with email tools like Mailchimp, Sendgrid and Simon Data
- Built out a content strategy from scratch
- Developed content specifically for growth
- Have a certification from Hubspot or Content Marketing Institute
- Have a degree in marketing, business writing or journalism
- Managed a team of freelancers before
- Love language learning and travel
- Unlimited, paid vacation
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- Free language classes