Who We Are:
Fluent City is a venture-backed EdTech company that is changing the way consumers and employees learn languages. We combine an innovative pedagogy, relentless focus on crafting a world-class student experience, and best-in-class technology to drive significant students outcomes. Our success speaks for itself: we've taught over 30,000 students, served many of the Fortune 1000, and have stellar student feedback (4.5+ stars on Yelp across all of our locations). We provide group classes, private lessons, and enterprise language solutions across 11 languages and 4 cities.
Over the last year, we’ve built an inbound book of business featuring clients such as Bloomberg, the NFL, AppNexus, Doctors without Borders, Calvin Klein, Wharton School and many others. The trend towards globalization is creating large demand for enterprise language solutions, and Fluent City is uniquely positioned to service this large and underserved market. We are a mission-driven team focused on helping people create more meaningful connections with others around the world.
This role is designed for a Senior B2B Account Executive that is ready to completely own and drive our outbound prospecting efforts to large corporations. The role will require closing new business at a high level, and a successful candidate will need to draw upon their experience and methodologies to create a sales playbook that drives predictable revenue within 90 days of start date. This playbook will eventually be used to build and train a B2B sales team, so previous management experience is a plus.
- Building a scalable sales process to replicate and meet/exceed revenue targets
- Reaching out directly to Decision Makers of Enterprise and mid-market companies to understand their priorities and introduce Fluent City as a best in class language solution
- Conducting account-based research to qualify, discover challenges and align capabilities with key buyers
- Preparing proposals, negotiating pricing, and managing deals throughout the sales process
- Accurate revenue forecasting
- Creating and prioritizing a pipeline of prospective new clients
- Maximizing lifetime value of existing customers by fostering strong relationships
- Minimum of 5 years selling a B2B / SaaS solution. You are either a top performing individual contributor, or a current sales leader looking to help build a B2B sales team.
- Experience closing complex sales cycles with the F1000. You’re comfortable closing annual service agreements and long-term subscriptions.
- You’ll be able to clearly communicate how you prospect new clients and how you balance networking with on-the-phones work to be successful.
- Ability to think strategically on how to build a pipeline around a new product. Our B2B product is still evolving so you’ll have to be creative in identifying the best value propositions at each iteration, and communicate to buyers that this is a “must have” solution.
- Proven success bringing in new business, maintaining accurate pipelines, and driving revenue growth
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with ability to write formal proposals, respond to technical RFPs and structure high value contracts.
- Previous experience selling into HR, L+D, and Mobility is preferred.
- A self-motivated, scrappy, high energy, and hard working attitude.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-growth environments.
Compensation and Perks:
- OTE of $125k - $200k+ based on experience
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Health and Dental insurance
- Paid time off, plus holidays
- Offices located on a tree-lined street in Williamsburg
- As many language classes as you can take