A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Today, Fluent City is the fastest-growing language school in the country. We’re profitable and have recently raised a round of capital from top tier investors. Following the immense success of our language product, we’re expanding our vision to become the SoulCycle for social learning. Through pop-up events and month-long immersions, we’re inspiring people to meet up and develop passions in food and drink, art, language, and beyond. Led by influential creatives and local experts, Fluent City experiences happen all throughout the city, from downtown warehouses to artist studios, always bringing people to new and unexpected places. Our mission is to redefine the Liberal Arts and rebuild enrichment education for the 21st century.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
Your primary responsibility is to be the face of Fluent City. We’ll rely on you to provide personalized assistance, ensure warmth and hospitality and accommodate all student needs. You’ll report to our Guest Relations Manager/Student Champion and will be working out of our Downtown/FiDi location in the evenings.
- Project a friendly, pleasant demeanor; providing unparalleled service to all potential and existing students, fellow employees, and management.
- Maintain a proactive guest service approach and notify supervisors/managers of any potential issues related to class materials or special requests.
- Maintain current knowledge/familiarity with all Fluent City courses and offerings to respond to guest inquiries.
- Manage inventory and class materials for evening classes.
- Assign evening classes to each classroom and put a sign at the classroom door, show our instructors and incoming guests where to go in the space.
- Prepare physical space for evening classes, ensuring all classrooms have enough chairs and that the space is presentable for our students and guests.
- Light administrative tasks to support the operation and execution of Fluent City courses and private lessons program (must have own laptop)
- You are a true hospitalitarian — your greatest pleasure is to make sure people always feel welcome and taken care of
- You are an outgoing relationship builder. You are the person who can walk into a room, strike up a conversation with a complete stranger, and find a way to connect and make them your friend
- You’re passionate about learning, language and beyond. You’re the type of person who loves to share great experiences and opportunities with others.
- You share our values. We are passionate about enriching lives through education, connecting with other people and cultures, and creating amazing real-world experiences. We are fun, international team that puts mutual respect, empathy, and trust at the center of our culture.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and want to be involved in the growth of the next great consumer enrichment brand.
Schedule: Tuesdays through Thursdays from 6:00pm – 9:00 pm; possibility into extending Monday evenings
Pay rate: $15/hour
Location: Downtown Manhattan/Financial District