Fluent City is a language and culture school offering group classes, private lessons and corporate solutions in four cities – New York, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Chicago – with additional cities planned this year.
With online tools, custom content, and a radically innovative teaching approach, Fluent City is reinventing language learning for the 21st century.
Covering 11 different languages, classes are offered in Spanish, French, Italian, Arabic, Portuguese, German, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Hebrew and English.
About the Role
We are seeking a seasoned Customer Experience Consultant who has built and implemented a scalable customer service strategy. The objective of this position is to build out the infrastructure for all customer touch points shared between our sales and operations teams. A user-centered and hospitality-driven approach is a must-have to be considered for this role.
- Get in the Weeds: Audit and work within all customer service workflows, answering inquiries and tickets to inform your strategy
- Infrastructure and Workflows: Build out and execute against a robust customer service strategic plan that identifies external and internal customer service needs across all product lines, develop objectives and measure results
- Content and Automation: Write and build out our Knowledge Base, FAQs, articles, scripts and templates that are on-brand
- Training: Train and provide direction to current team. Build employee training and resources (SOPs and handbooks) for current team and new hires so we are ready to scale the team quickly
- Hiring and Strategy: Deliver an at-scale hiring strategy
- 2+ years in customer service management focused roles for fast-growth start-ups
- You have a "freedom within framework" philosophical approach to training and customer service initiatives
- Creative in concepting: You've built scalable customer service initiatives that don't compromise on high-touch point, personalized initiatives
- You've managed and trained both full and part-time employees
- Proven and measurable track record of streamlining customer service without compromising service
- Highly organized, excellent attention to detail
- Built and executed on a customer service strategy from scratch for an early-stage start-up
- Familiar with tools like HelpScout or similar customer service software systems
- Developed on-brand content and copy
- Delivered on custom software implementations
Compensation and Budget
Monthly project fee, 2-4 months